Celebrating National Homeownership Month
Thursday, May 26, 2016
June is National Homeownership Month, a time to recognize how owning a home relates not just to achieving the American Dream, but also to providing stable lives for families and creating stronger neighborhoods and communities. Homeownership is always a focus for GROW SD, as we provide a variety of products and services to help people purchase or improve their homes.
Our talented GROW SD staff members are prepared to help households with their housing goals, and many recently upgraded their skills by attending a variety of training programs at the NeighborWorks America National Training Institute in Los Angeles, May 2-6. All of the training programs focused on various aspects of home buying or rehabilitation. Six staff members attended.
- Lori Moen, Chief Operating Officer, trained in loan servicing topics.
- Stephanie Sexton, Housing Loan Program Assistant, became certified to teach homebuyer education classes.
- Brenda Waage, Housing Loan Officer, became certified in packaging USDA Rural Development housing loans.
- Dustin Bragg, Home Improvement Coordinator, trained in aspects of managing construction and rehabilitation projects.
- Lori Finnesand and Marcia Erickson, Chief Executive Officers, worked with board members to complete the Excellence in Governance program.
As a result of this and previous training, GROW SD became recertified in the NeighborWorks Full-Cycle Lending model. Full-Cycle Lending provides a comprehensive package of pre- and post-purchase services designed to increase home ownership rates in underserved markets.
GROW SD is always focused on providing the best possible service to people who want to become homeowners and homeowners who want to make their homes safer, healthier, and more energy efficient.
The nation has formally celebrated the benefits of homeownership for more than 20 years. In 1995, President Clinton announced National Homeownership Week, and President George W. Bush extended it in 2002, declaring the month of June to be National Homeownership Month.
Category: GROW SD