GROW South Dakota Participates in Media Relations Program
Wednesday, September 07, 2016
Early this summer, NeigborWorks America notified GROW SD that it had been selected to participate in its regional media relations program. In the program, the NeighborWorks media relations team will work with GROW SD and other network organizations to cultivate editorial and news coverage in print, online and broadcast outlets. Loan officer Rebecca Honl, who also leads GROW SD’s marketing and public relations efforts, is the point person for the project and will participate in a national kickoff in September to launch the program.
Honl will also attend a national editorial planning meeting at NeighborWorks in Washington D.C. at the end of September. There, she will work with other communications professionals to:
- Create a 2017 national editorial calendar for NeighborWorks.
- Identify common communications /marketing challenges.
- Provide feedback on the NeighborWorks’ strategic plan goal of increased visibility and improved coordination as a network.
- Learn how to improve the toolkits, videos, infographics, and other communications materials NeighborWorks America offers network members.
- Identify common metrics to measure communications success throughout the year.
The program supports NeighborWorks’ strategic goal of supporting a strong network of strong organizations and positioning GROW SD and NeighborWorks as industry thought leaders and expert resources in affordable housing, community development and more. GROW SD’s participation in the one-year media relations program runs from October 3, 2016-October 2, 2017.
Category: GROW SD